Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Birthday Bear

     What a great morning this is!  I've added one more card to my stash of birthday cards, this one for a 1-year-old.   The image is from Beccy's Place (I love his frosting mustache and beard!) where the challenge has a fun optional theme of flipping a coin.  There are 4 categories and 2 choices in each category.  You flip a coin and choose the design item under either the "heads' or the "tails" column, depending on which comes up when you flip the coin.  I ended up with "Use a Sketch" - "Color with Markers" - "Ribbon" - and "No Sentiment."


The sketch is from Outlawz.

     I used ProMarkers to color, then printed, and cut a snippet of plaid dp which is also from Beccy's Place.  I cut the image with another, smaller, die from that same Cottage Cuts die set.

     The ribbons were scrap pieces from my stash and the lace flourish in the corner came from Recollections.  I can't even begin to tell you how long I've had that piece!  I added three tiny metal brads to the lower corner.

     Challenges:
C.R.A.F.T.
Crafting with Friends
Crafty Catz
DL.ART
Outlawz Festive Friday
Outlawz Twisted Thurs
Polkadoodles
Take It, Make It

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

12 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Morning Connie, this is just gorgeous and love the sweet bear. Our favourite colour too!
Hugs
Linda xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

LOVE how you have interpreted the sketch with this fabby bear, I have him in my collection, I must bring him out. LOVE your card.
Faith
x

jimlynn said...

Most 1 year old children really would be smashing the icing all over their face! CUTE card Connie!!!!
Lynn

Beccy said...

Your card is fabulous NC, well done! I love the gorgeous purple card stock you used, it has a lovely texture to it. I also like the way you've added the pieces of ribbon on an angle, it makes me think of gift wrapping. Well done!
Cheers,
Beccy

Sheryl said...

Great card - that bear is so sweet.Thanks for joining our birthday challenge at CRAFT, hugs Sheryl DT member xx

Lori Kobular said...

That bear is so beary cute! The icing all over his/her face reminds me of when my daughter eats a cupcake!

Aunty Sue said...

Lovely entry for our Birthday Hop challenge at Craft thanks for sharing and good luck

tilly said...

a cute and simple card, thanks for sharing at crafty catz and don't forget we have a GDT spot up for grabs
Tilly

Grudniowe Handmade said...

Lovely card! I like how you use ribbon :)
Thanks for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week :)

creatingandsharingit.blogspot.com said...

Lovely card!. Thank you for play with us at Polkadoodles Challenge Blog. Good luck with your entry.

katieo said...

Great card for a one year old. I love the frosting beard. Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday Challenge

crafty-stamper said...

Great CAS card NannaConnie and love the cute image--do you think the icing has already been tasted lol-----Thank you for joining us at Crafting With Friends
Carol DT x