Thursday, March 8, 2018

Great Adventures in Reading

     I grew up in a family which treasured reading and one of my great pleasures was reading in bed before lights out.  I can remember asking about going to bed early so that I could read longer.  There were great adventures in those pages!

     However, when I look at this image from Sasayaki Glitter (for their Progressive Challenge) I think there may be Great Adventures in store for her FROM her avid reading.  lol


     I started  by coloring with ProMarkers, then cut the image with one of my Gina Marie dies.  I've used this die set quite a bit recently but it's so versatile and has 3 perfect sizes.  I knew I wanted the card to be completely CAS so I used one of my favorite techniques - die cut and let the die cut be the focus.

     I found a sky blue card base, printed the sentiment, and added both the image piece and the sentiment, then left it alone!

     Challenges:
Allsorts
Crafter's Castle
Crafting from the Heart
Jo's Scrap Shack
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends
Outlawz CAS
Pammie's Inky Pinkies
Send a Smile 4 Kids

     Happy Crafting.   NanaConnie

8 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Morning Connie, love this image and a wonderful card too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Mummylade said...

Simple but very effectful indeed! Thank you for entering our challenge at Allsorts this week.

Mervi said...

Cute card.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts Challenge
"Ladies Only".
Happy Women's Day;-))m

Vickie Y said...

Adorable! Thank you for sharing with us at The PIP Challenges.

jimlynn said...

LOL! This would be me! When I read I block out everything else - and it seems she did too. Darling card Connie!
Lynn

Lori Kobular said...

Oh my!! Your card reminds me of my daughter when she is on her cell phone! Lord only knows had she hasn't walked off a cliff yet!

Sue Crease said...

Another lovely card your sharing with us over at LPCF today. Darling image.

Crafty Pink Pixie said...

What a sweet card! Thanks for entering the Crafter's Castle March Challenge! -Tasha