Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Angel Blessings

     Today I'm celebrating angels, blessings, and new life as it begins on Christmas day.  I chose this wonderful image from Ching-Chou Kuik with an angel guarding and nurturing a new polar bear cub.


     I colored with my ProMarkers, adding glitter to her wings, the snowflakes & the icicles in her hair.  I used a die from QuicKutz to cut the image, then backed that with mulberry paper which I 'feathered' along the edges.

     I added that piece to the card front, then left it CAS at that point.  I wanted the image and the sparkle to be the focus.

     Challenge:
Ching-Chou Kuik FB
Crafty Sentiments
Creates and Makes
Digi Choosday
Ike's World
Lemon Shortbread
Passion for ProMarkers
TTCRD

     I'll have one more post today for the latest entry in the Holiday Chaos daily challenges at Catch the Bug.  Stop by again this afternoon to see it.  :-D  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

14 comments:

Juls said...

Gorgeous love the sparkle on her wings! Thank you for sharing it with us at Digi Choosday crafty hugs Julia xx

Linda Mc Enery said...

What a gorgeous little angel! I love all your glittery sparkle, and you've managed to keep the card's softness with your feathered mulberry paper! Just lovely! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Passion for Promarkers! And as always, I have loved looking at your gorgeous furry pics while I'm here! Linda

Borqna said...

Beautiful Holiday card, bravo Nana. Lovely colors.
Thank you for coming to play at IKEsWORLD Challenges.
Good luck!

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah what a sweet card, such a pretty angel and lovely soft colours you have gone for, thanks for joining us on our Mega Festive Challenge at Passion for Promarkers, Love Hazelx

Jane Savage said...

So beautiful! Gorgeous image and sparkle!
Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday! Jane S (DT) xxx

Lori Kobular said...

Mulberry paper always adds such a nice soft touch! I usually forget that I even have mulberry paper! The angel is beautiful, love her glittery wings!

ike said...

Such a sweet card - lovely design :-) Thank you for playing along at IKEsWORLD Challenges.
Hugz
IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Anna said...

Gorgeous make! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week! Anna Dt

Kate 'Rijacki' Ledum said...

Such a pretty project. I love the feathered matting paper and your colouring is lovely.

Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
Rijacki

TTCRD DT
Rijacki's Workshop
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

Crafty KJ said...

Gorgeous card and I love this image, so sweet! Love the mulberry paper as well, I'd forgotten about this technique- must dig my papers out again! Thanks for joining in with the Mega Christmas challenge at Passion for Promarkers and good luck! Hugs, Karen xx

Hester said...

Fabulous card! Gorgeous image and love the wings!
Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday! Hester

Ella's Design said...

Great card, Connie! Fab CAS design and pretty angel image with the mulberry paper background. Thanks for playing along with our Mega Christmas challenge at Passion for Promarkers! Lisa x

Sall said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sall said...

Ahh I love the feathering on the lilac paper it goes so well with the angelic image. Thank you for taking the time to join in with our challenge and sharing your creativity with us, I love to see your talent, creativity and imagination at work. I hope to see more of your creativity in the near future. Love 'n' hugs Sall IkesWorld Challenges DT