Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Fat Pants for Christmas

     This is the last day of the 30 Days of Holiday Cards at Beccy's Place and I've done it!  I've played each and every day!  I've had so much fun this month and I adore Beccy's images so I know I'm going to miss doing that many cards, all with her sweet stamps.  Maybe I'll have to apply to be part of her DT next time she has a space open.  :-D

     Since the alphabet is finished and we have no more letters to use as themes, today we get to use whatever we love.  I fell in love with this silly sentiment which is in one of Beccy's sets (wish I could remember which one but I have too many.)  "It's Christmas - Get your Fat Pants ready!"  I knew I wanted to use that sentiment so I looked through my growing collection of her stamps until I found all these wonderful Christmas goodies with which we stuff ourselves from now until the New Year.  (giggle)

     I found the Christmas Puddings, a bundle of candy canes decorated with holly and ribbon, and a single candy cane, which I printed twice, reversing one of them.


     I used ProMarkers to color the candy canes, the holly, and the ribbons, then I fussy cut all of those with scissors.  I printed the main bundle of candy canes one more time, colored it also, and then die cut it with a lacy doily Unbranded die. 

     I used my paper cutter to cut the large square around all Christmas Puddings and layered that onto the white card front.  I placed the die cut candy cane bundle onto the very middle of the puddings, adhered with ultra sticky tape.  I took the single candy canes and added them to the fussy cut bundle canes.  I used mini Pop Dots and added them on top of the die cut canes.  That not only gave great dimension but also some wonderful texture. 

     I found some lovely sheer gold ribbon, wrapped it around the top of the card front. then added one of my hand sewn bows which I 'dyed' red with a marker.  I inked the edges of the sentiment and added it.  Yes, indeed, definitely time for the "fat pants!"

     Challenges:
Beccy's Place
Crafting by Designs
Crafty Sentiments
Everybody Art
Ike's World
Kraftin' Kimmie
Lemon Shortbread
Pammie's Inky Pinkies
Penny's Paper-Crafty
TTCRD

     Thank you, Beccy, for such a fun month of Christmas cards.  See you for the next regular challenge.  :-D  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie  

12 comments:

Donna said...

Great ending to a wonderful month of fun! Awesome card!

Donna Ellis said...

Fabulous card, Connie! I have enjoyed your Beccy cards all month. Definitely need to apply to her next DT Call! I love the quilted feeling of your design and the good old fashioned candy canes fussy cut and grouped together. Beautiful card.

Beccy said...

You did an awesome job combining all these images NC, what a festive - and delicious - looking card! Your colouring is fabulous, particularly the candy canes, which all looks bright and shiny. Fabulous!
Cheers,
Beccy

Shelly Schmidt said...

I have been watching your cards on daily feed- so fun! You have been busy creating this month! How delightful! Love this fun and sweet card!

Borqna said...

Fabulous card, bravo Connie!
Thank you for coming to play at IKEsWORLD Challenges.
Good luck!

Lori Kobular said...

Yummy!! I think I am going to be needing those "fat pants" real soon just looking at this yummy card!! Love it!

Teresa Arsenault said...

Gorgeous design and hilarious sentiment. hugs, Teresa

Sall said...

Those Christmas puds look very enticing. Thank you for taking the time to join in with our challenge and sharing your creativity with us, I love to see your talent, creativity and imagination at work. I hope to see more of your creativity in the near future. Love 'n' hugs Sall IkesWorld Challenges DT

ike said...

Wonderful card and so colourful. Congrats on making it to the end of 30 days :-D Thank you for playing at IKEsWORLD Challenges.
Hugz
IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Beatriz said...

Lovely Christmas card! Thanks for join us at Crafty Sentiments Designs, good luck and hope to see you next time. Hugs Beatriz DT

Dotstolines said...

Great sentiment and love the layers! Great project! Thank you for playing with us at TTCRD ATG Challenge! Looking forward to seeing you again next time and good luck!
Sunila and Aditi
DT

Marilyn said...

This is so pretty!
Thank you for joining us at the Crafty Sentiments Designs challenge and I hope you'll be back again soon.
Marilyn S