Sunday, August 6, 2017

Celebrating a First Tooth

     My children (and grandchildren, for that matter) are far too old for me to be thinking about the great occasion of a "First Tooth !!" but while reorganizing some of the storage in my house, I did run across a little plastic pill bottle with baby teeth in it.  As I read the faded label, written in my mother's handwriting so many years ago, I discovered that throughout my childhood she had saved each of my baby teeth as I lost them to the new, permanent teeth.  So, I'm guessing that the "first tooth" coming in was probably important enough to celebrate.  In any case, this card celebrates that great occasion.  :-D

     The image is from the Progressive Challenge on Sasayaki Glitter's Facebook site.  It's called "Baby Boy with Monkey."


I started with the sketch from The Outlawz
and colors suggested by Double D.

  

    I colored him with my Promarkers, then cut him out with a hexagon die from QuicKutz to match up with the hexagon paper I had chosen.  The patterned papers came from Recollections and everything was matted with dark chocolate CS.  The card front was embossed using my "Linen" folder and I added the two pearls for some simple embellishment.  They also give some great texture, as do all the layers.

     If a design can be simple with all those patterns on it, this one certainly is it.  :-D

     Challenges:
Crafting by Designs
Crafty Gals Corner
Crafty Sentiments
Digi Choosday
Kraftin' Kimmie
Lemon Shortbread
Word Art Weds.

     I hope you're enjoying the last day of your weekend and that you've had a wonderful, soul-refreshing, couple of days.  Look forward to the start of a new week.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

10 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

What a sweet jar to rediscover, Connie! Your card is delightful and thoughtful. I especially like your take on the sketch. Wonderful shapes. xx

GalFridayStamping said...

Sweet card! Remember those days very well. What a lovely creation! Thank you so much for joining us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday and best of luck with your entry.

Jane DT for  http://https://digichoosday.blogspot.co.uk

Linda Simpson said...

What a wonderful discovery Connie. I adore this card and cute image, love his monkey. Have a wonderful week.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Donna Phelan said...

What a cute and adorable image! So sweet! Love the Sketch you chose to follow along. Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D Blog, Neutrals And Texture Challenge, Donna, DT Member.

Darlene said...

Such a cute creation Connie! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Neutrals & Texture’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Ginny Maxam said...

Such a cute card! I hope you find one to send it to! Thank you for joining In the Word Art Wednesday fun! Ginny M DT

Judy V said...

So cute! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Gals Corner!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

AW! so sweet, a lovely card, and love that you found the teeth too, a celebration for that even.
Faith
x

*Vicki* said...

Wow! That is awesome that your mom saved your tooth and you have it now!! Such a cute image and a really sweet card too! :) Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*

Victoria Rowson said...

Such a adorable card! I love the idea if using this cute image as a first tooth card!! So very creative! Thank you so much for sharing with Lemon Shortbread Challenge Blog. I hope you can join us again soon.