Thursday, May 18, 2017

Gas Mask & Birthday

     I know, I know, - - that seems like a strange title for a blog about crafting and card making and a bit of inspiration now and then but if you just take a look at my card, you'll understand.  You'll also immediately recognize my odd sense of humor.  Maybe you'll even get a little grin from it.  :-D

     The image came from Limited Runs for their Facebook progressive challenge this month.  I thought it was hysterical !  :-D  Naturally, the sentiment is all mine.

     I'm using this for a birthday card for a gentleman who claims he's going to outlive all of his friends and family so that nobody can fight over his estate.  I love that idea!  Maybe he'll take some inspiration from this silly card and shoot for 25 million years!


     Colored with ProMarkers and cut with a stitched die from Die-namics.  The die I used was a rectangle die but wasn't as narrow as I wanted so I just cut the image once, then moved the die over to one side and cut it a second time to get it as narrow as I wanted.  The larger rectangle frame is the actual size of the next bigger die in the set.  I cut that one and added turquoise CS behind it, then layered on the image piece.

     I did one more really narrow die cut, wrapped it with ribbon, and added one of my bow tie bows.  The sentiment was printed and die cut with another stitched die from that same set, again adjusted to make it the width I needed.  All of those stitched die cuts were cut from scraps waiting to be tossed into the round file.  The turquoise CS was also a scrap.

     Challenges:
Crafting from the Heart
Crafting with an Attitude
Dragonfly Dreams
Dream Valley
Hiding in My Craft Room
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends
Outlawz Festive Friday
Pile It On
Ribbon Girl

     Hope your day is fun now that you got to start it with a smile.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

8 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

LOL! I wondered what those things were around their tiny faces - now I know! Your friend will treasure not only that the card is customized for him specifically, but that it is humorous as well! Fantastic creation, and yes, I cherish your delightful, ironic sense of humor - you always brighten my day! xx

jimlynn said...

I'm laughing SO HARD I'm about to die! LOL!! OMGoodness! Connie, this is hilarious and I love it! Who knows, maybe they really do wear gas masks! Yikes!
I love your fun card and really like the idea that guy has about outliving everyone too.
Lynn

Linda Simpson said...

Oh my goodness, I have tummy ache I laughed so much when I saw the image and read the words! Too funny and put a big smile on my face. Love the die you have used too!
Hugs
Linda xxx

Gina's Cards said...

OMG, this made me laugh so much! I love it! Thank you for sharing with us at the Ribbon Girl, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
Hugs
Gina xx
https://www.ribbongirl.co.uk/catalog/

Elizabeth Hart said...

So very funny - That sentiment and silly image are just hilarious. Love it!! Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Dragonfly Dreams Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Absolutely Hilarious, I so Love your sense of humour. A fabulous card that will be be received with joy, I have no doubt.
Faith
x

MagsB said...

This is such a fun card! Belated thanks for joining in at Dream Valley!

love Mags B x

Helen said...

Ha ha - such a fun card!
Thanks for playing at Pile It On!
Helen x