Saturday, April 1, 2017

Butterfly Hair

IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR MY DT CARD FOR EITHER
OR FOR
CLICK ON THE NAMES ABOVE.   

 If this isn't a perfect image for thinking "Spring"...   It's from Andrea at SheepSki Designs and our new monthly challenge starts today.  This is on the new challenge blog, not on the Facebook page, and it will start on the first of the month, each month.  This month, we have an "Anything Goes" theme and you can use any image to enter.  You can review all the guidelines on the new blog site.


     On this card, I did something I always mean to do but usually forget - I chose my dp and CS before I started coloring the image.  I colored it with my ProMarkers, then cut it with a stitched die from Cheery Lynn.  I matted it with turquoise CS.

     Next, I cut all three of my dp into banner flag shapes so that the shape would be repeated and then matted them with more of that same turquoise CS.  All of those flowery papers are digital papers.  I layered those onto a pink card base and wrapped the front with sheer-and-satin ribbon I found in my stash.  I used a scrap of flowered ribbon to tie the bow and added both the bow and the image piece to the card front.  Finally, I printed the sentiment, hand cut it, matted it, and added it to the card.

     Challenges:
Aud Sentiments
Butterfly Challenge
Colour Crazy Crafts
Crafty Catz
Creative Fingers
Morgan's ArtWorld
Outlawz Twisted Thursday
Ribbon Girl

     I hope we're going to see you playing along in our new blog challenge this month.  You can still continue to play in the SheepSki Facebook challenge, too.  It starts on the 20th of each month and that one requires that you use a SheepSki Designs image.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

12 comments:

jimlynn said...

You've been super busy!
This is gorgeous plus! Wow! Love your coloring on the image(that's so pretty) and you papers match perfect for it. Stunning!
Lynn

Mrs A. said...

There are actually several repeat elements on your card so well done.
The image is a super one and certainly one I will be acquiring asap! You have coloured it beautifully. Thankyou for visiting the butterfly garden. Hugs Mrs A.

Teresa Arsenault said...

I just LOVE that image and your design is fabulous. My finches often try to style my hair, but they don't do such a good job of it.
hugs,
Teresa

Donna Ellis said...

Beautiful! I always try to have my colors and papers chosen before hand and succeed about .0000000001% of the time. Your card is lovely, Connie. Wonderfully planned with fantastic designer papers and great sketch! As always, your coloring is amazing! Hugs, de

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

What a stunning image. Love it. Nice colours and lovely design. Thank you for sharing with us over here at Morgan's Artworld Challenge, best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT for  http://morgansartworld.blogspot.com.au/<br

AndreaNorris said...

I should take a leaf out of your book NanaConnie and try it this was for a change. I always end up paper shuffling every time I make a card :D
Gorgeous creation, love the colours and layout
Andrea x
SheepSki Designs

Linda Simpson said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, I love the image and you have coloured her beautifully. Loving the layout too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love this image - so fabulous and I wish butterflies could do my hair every morning lol. Thanks so much for joining us this at the Creative fingers Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous, I love this Image, with such beautiful colouring. Thank you for joining in with our Challenge this fortnight over a Morgan's ArtWorld.
Samantha (AngelicBadGirl) DT xx

Aunty Sue said...

Just love this image and what a fab job you have done with, and thanks for sharing at crafty catz this week and good luck in the draw.
AuntySue DT

Bev said...

I adore this image a must for anyone who loves colouring hair! Thank you for joining in with us at Colour Crazy Craft Challenge

Patti Krauss said...

Lovely card, Connie. I love this digi image! (DT sis)