Friday, November 25, 2016

Christmas Around the World

     I hope all of you in the U.S. had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day and I want to share a card which might inspire you to get a start on those Christmas cards which you still need to make.  Only five more weeks, can you believe it?

     This is from my DT Inspiration post from the MHK Designs blog.


    For this one, I used the globe image from the "Rock My World" set and "Distressed Dots" dp from the "Glorious Gardens digital papers" (see photos of the sets below.)  First I printed the paper, then ran the paper through my printer a second time to print the globe directly on top of it.

     I used a die set from Die-Versions to cut the Santa and Sleigh twice, once in brown and once in eggshell white, then layered them together, slightly offset.  I  printed and matted the sentiment.  In finishing, I added only the three red pearls in each corner and the single red bow, wanting the focus to be on the image, not the embellishments.

     Challenges:
Christmas Cards
Crafting by Designs
Crafting from the Heart
Crafty Addicts
Crafty Creations
Craft Your Passion
Incy Wincy
Outlawz CAS
Paper Shelter (top row)
Penny's Paper Crafty
Simon Says Stamp
Simon Says Stamp & Show
Sisterhood of Crafters
Sweet Stampin' Christmas

      Don't forget that the final MHK Designs challenge for 2016 is playing right now and you can join in between now and December 15.  Hope to see you there.

Rock My World Digital Stamp Set  Glorious Garden Digital Paper Pack

21 comments:

Darlene said...

Fantastic Connie! I had a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving with family and am looking forward to our upcoming annual neighborhood party that Hubby & I host (lots of work but so well worth it!!). Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Use PEARLS’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

What a wonderful card and a super idea...never thought of that....thank you for the inspiration. I have sent all my cards but need to remember for next year.

Linda Simpson said...

Hello Connie, this is gorgeous and loving the dies you have used. I have finished my cards for this year and still making them but not as many.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a stunning card I love the theme. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Tracey T said...

Love this design - good to see something a bit different. Thank you for playing at Christmas at Sweet Stampin'. Tracey x

Carla's Cards said...

Cool card, thanks for sharing with crafting from the Heart!

Teresa Arsenault said...

OMGosh I love your new header and this card is gorgeous. What a clever idea to mount that sleigh over a globe. hugs, Teresa

Debbie said...

Sweet card!! (I love your white kittens, too!!)
Thanks for playing along this week at Christmas Card Challenges!!
Debbie (CCC DT)
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Donna Ellis said...

what a great use of that die cut, Connie, with the globe! It's a beautiful design, and such a clever card! hugs, de

samantha's cards said...

Wonderful card, thanks for sharing with us at CCC.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a GREAT card and interpretation of the words, LOVE this.
Faith
x

Kathie said...

I do love this card, it's just so perfect for all those people you want to send cards to from overseas. This is an awesome idea and I love how you created this card. Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us over at Penny Paper Crafting
Challenge and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie PPCC~DT

Snowflakes and Lilies said...

Such a sweet and beautiful card. Thanks for sharing at Craft Your Passion and hope to see you again. Good luck.
- Khushboo Gandhi, DT
http://snowflakesandlilies.blogspot.in

Unknown said...

Great card! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion Challenges!Good luck and hope to see you again. Valentina DT

Sandra said...

What a fabulous card, love the globe and the pops of red. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Cards By MI said...

Fabby looking card. Thanks for joining us over at the Paper Shelter this week!
Love n hugs
Marie

debby4000 said...

Love your card, how clever to used world globe with santa.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

cotnob said...

A fabulous Christmas card, a brilliant design.
Thank you for joining us at The Paper Shelter.
Pauline
x

*Vicki* said...

Oh Connie, your are always inspiring my dear! :) I am super behind on Christmas cards, but I'm hoping to get a good start on them this week and the next and finish them up to get them all sent out in time! LOVE your wonderful card design and that Santa sleigh is fabulous!! HUGS

Mynn xx said...

OH my goodness, I am in LOVE with this darling card, NC! I adore the fun Santa silhouette you added to this image--what a fun way to show the versatility! Beautiful, my friend! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Deepti Aggarwal said...

Gorgeous card!! love the idea so much..Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges.