Friday, June 17, 2016

Stardust Angel

     New post today and a new challenge starting at QKR Stampede with a theme of "Quilting or Stitching."  I tried to do a card that looked a bit like quilting (questionable if I accomplished that) but at least I got the stitching part of it and since it's an 'either/or' theme, I think that'll be sufficient.  :-D



     This card also advises about the potential dangers of  'Stardust' !!  This sweet little angel (Digi 12405 Sprinkling Stardust) is scattering her stardust about without any concern at all !  If she'd just read the sentiment (Digi 12402 Stardust Caution), maybe she'd be better educated.   And more careful. :-D

     I used ProMarkers and chalk markers to color the image, and added glittery Snow-Tex to her wings.  Then I fussy cut her, added a mat of dp and fussy cut again.  That piece got layered onto a die cut stitched frame (Die-versions) and I added that to another piece of the dp.  I stitched around that after I mounted it onto white CS.

     I love the stitched die -- any of them and all of them!  It's such an easy way to get perfect stitching on cards.  Just compare the die stitching with the hand stitching to see what I mean.  :-D

     I added a strip of satin ribbon, then tied a bow using velveteen ribbon.  Everything was put on a 5.5" x 5.5" card base.  Finally, I matted the sentiment and added it to the card front.  This is just begging to be used for non-traditional Christmas card, don't you think?  OK, maybe it'll get used as a young child's birthday card before then but if not, it's going in my Christmas stash and I'm going to pretend that stardust is what brings children "visions of sugar plums" while they sleep.

     Challenges:
613 Avenue Create
As You Like It
Color Your World
Come and Get It
Corrosive Challenge
Crafty Ribbons
In the Pink (flowery dp)
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends
One Stitch at a Time
Outlawz Twisted Thursday
Robyn's Fetish

     I may be a bit late getting around to commenting on your entry (if you decide to play along at QKR Stampede this week) since I can't guarantee being able to get online.  Once I get back to my regular computer routine at home, I'll visit and leave you some comment love.  In the meantime -- Happy Stamping.   NanaConnie

Please continue to leave comments.  The "Word Verification" really isn't on.  BLOGGER INSISTS ON SHOWING THE "CAPTCHA" ICON BUT IF YOU IGNORE IT AND JUST PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT, IT WILL POST JUST FINE.  I WISH I COULD GET RID OF IT BUT THERE'S NO OPTION FOR THAT WHEN THE COMMENTS ARE WRITTEN IN A SEPARATE BOX.  SORRY.

12 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Hi Connie, loving this card especially the sentiment. Beautiful fairy. Enjoy your weekend.
Hugs
Linda xxx

jimlynn said...

Looks like a quilt block to me - and so pretty and fun. Love that little image!
Lynn

Dawn said...

Aww, she's so vey cute! I love all the pink & your great sentiment!
HUgs
Dawn xx

Donna Ellis said...

Very sweet deliverer of stardust! LOL really cute little angel and wonderful colors! Your faux stitches are the perfect design element for extra sweetness. Hope your weekend is enjoyable! Hugs, de

Teresa Arsenault said...

Super adorable and cuddly looking angel. hugs, Teresa

wannabcre8tive said...

Your image is so cute and I love the sentiment.

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Sweet sweet sweet and cute cute cute! I wish I could join the challenge but I'm back at the beach for 2 weeks. My son and wife are house sitting while we are soaking up the sun.

Jasmina said...

What a cute card. Love the pink colors. Stitched dies are my favorite too :)
Thanks for joining Come and Get It challenge this week.

Margaret said...

Such an adorable card. Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time. Maggie, DT

Zw@@n said...

Super cute card! Gorgeous colours and image. And I also love stitched dies. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. Luv, Wilma

Christine L said...

A gorgeous card with a fabulous fun image... love it!

Thanks for joining in the fun at In The Pink - good luck and hope we see you enter again soon!

Christine (DT)

Ashley said...

Great card! I love the image and the colors. Thanks for joining us at the Robyn's Fetish Challenge!

~Ashley W
Robyn's Fetish DT member