Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Blooming

     Tuesday Throwdown starts a new challenge today with an "Anything Goes" theme and our sponsor is Newton's Nook.  This stamp I used was already in my collection but it's also available as a digi freebie on their website.

     I decided it was time to celebrate my first dahlia to bloom this year and did this card for a friend who competes with me each year to see which of us has the first blooms in her garden.  It's hardly a fair contest since I move southward and she still lives in Northern California but when we started the competition, we both lived in the same city.  My having moved south means that now I get warm spring weather before she does.  So, I'm celebrating an early spring this year.  :-D


I used the colors from the challenge at DRS Designs
and the sketch from Sketch Saturday, rotated 1/2 halfway.

  

     The image is so delightfully CAS and I decided that I could add a few embellishments and still have a CAS design..  Although I love purples and purple-plus-something combos, I also love pink/brown, pink/gray, and pink/yellow combos.  The image is colored with ProMarkers and then cut with a Cheery Lynn LG Silver Stitched Square die.  I also cut the mat with the next larger size die from that set.

     I added an embossed panel to the bottom plus burlap and lace to the top.  The flowers are made by putting layers of flower petals together with a brad and adding a rose bud.  After looking at it several times, I wish I'd reversed where the embossed panel and the burlap/lace were placed.  Ah, well, next time.  :-D

     Challenges:
Aud Sentiments
Cardz 4 Galz
Cheery Lynn
Crafty Friends
Crafty Girls Creations
Cre8tive Hands Friends
Di's Digi Designs
Little Miss Muffet
Moving Along with the Times
Outlawz Twisted Thursday
Star Stampz
Time Out

     Come celebrate your own spring (or anything else you like) in our "Anything Goes" challenge this week at Tuesday Throwdown.  We'd love to see you playing along over there.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

21 comments:

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Connie this is beautiful love the little bumble bee. Love Alison xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful card love the dies and your little ladybird.

Our dahlias haven't even broken the surface yet LOL.

Jennifer Scull said...

such a pretty card to celebrate this special time with your blooms!

Thank you for joining our 'Anything Goes' challenge at Aud Sentiments! :)

Juliz Design Post said...

A pretty card with great colours. Thanks for joining in the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs and good luck.
Julie x

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous card and love the sweet image. Beautiful lace too!
Hugs
Linda xxx

Nonni said...

Very pretty card with beautiful coloring. Thanks for taking TIME OUT and joining our challenge!

Dawn said...

Grgeous card, just sings of warm spring weather!
Sorry I've not been around! I've been a bit under the weather the last few days & I'm just catching up now! Think it might take a while! Lol!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Karin said...

This is just so lovely and cheerful! Thanks for playing at DRS Designs!

Teresa Arsenault said...

What a beautiful card. I love that basket weave embossing.
hugs,
Teresa

Davi said...

NC Love how you paired the pink with the sunflower, really gives it such a soft look. very pretty!

nwilliams6 said...

Connie, this is soooo cute! The image is really perfect for Spring and your colors and embellishments add a lot to it. We have an early blooming season here in Central/South Alabama so I might have won if I was in the contest - except for the fact that I have a brown thumb. Thanks for sharing this with us in the DRS Designs Challenge! Hugz

Jenny Alia said...

Love your gorgeous flowers. Thanks so much for joining our challenge at Cheery Lynn designs this week and good luck in the draw!

Diane Louise J said...

You've made a lovely card for our 'All Things Cute' Challenge over at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog. Good luck in the draw and hope you can join us again for our next challenge.
Diane Louise (DT) xx

Cazro said...

Very pretty card, nice details. Thanks for sharing at Cardz 4 Galz. Hope to see you again. Caz DT.

Unknown said...

So pretty! Love the cute image and gorgeous colours!
Thanks so much for joining in at Di's Digis!
Lucy x

Nathalie said...

Very cute card. I love spring colors. Thnaks for playing with us at Di's Digi challenge.
Nathalie DT

Ardilla said...

Lovely card! Great image, coloring and awesome layering!
Gorgeous work :)
Great you join us at Cre8tive Hands Friends.

Kim said...

This is so pretty NC! I love your coloring on the flower and the embossed background and stitching.

Linda said...

Hi!
nice card you made for our CraftyFriendsChallenge: All things cute!!
Thanks for playing along and good luck in the draw!
Greets, Linda DT-CF

Shona Chambers said...

Love all the different elements you used on this card, they all go together perfectly. And your colouring of that gorgeous flower is fabulous. So very glad you shared this with us at TIME OUT!!

Michelle said...

Hi Connie,
You won at Cre8tive Hands Friends.
Congratulations!!!
http://cre8tivehandsfriends.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/challenge-6-anything-goes.html?m=1

Hugs,
Michelle