Thursday, January 22, 2015

Hibernating Birds?

     It's Thursday and time for another fun challenge at Outlawz Twisted Thursday.  We always have an "Anything Goes" theme and then we have an additional but optional twist if you want to use it.  Our optional twist this week is "Lovely as a Tree."  Our sponsor this month is Bugaboo Stamps and they were generous in providing images for the DT to use.  Thanks, Jodie!

     I'm not sure if these birds think their 'tree' is all that lovely this time of year but that's their fault for not migrating before winter set in, right?


My sketch also came from Outlawz this week.


     I used my ProMarkers (favorites of all the brands I have) to color the image and added a bit of sparkle and white gel pen to the snow.  Obviously, I used some of my favorite color, too -- purple!  The sentiment is mine and I printed it right below the image, then die cut both in the same piece and embossed around the inside edge.  I die cut the blue background pieces and used the waste pieces to make the edging along the right side of the card.  Both die sets are from Spellbinders.  I also used a hand punch on three of the corners.  Almost CAS (but for the layers) with minimal embellishing and lots of open space, even if it isn't 'white' space.

     Challenges:
Catch the Bug (emboss/stripes/animal)
Corrosive Challenge
Creatalicious
Die Cut Divas
Dragonfly Dream
Glitter n Sparkle
Great Impressions
Hiding in My Craft Room
Kit and Clowder
Kreativeinkauf
My Sheri Crafts
Outlawz Greetings
Paper Creator's Crafts
Scrap It Girl

     That's all I have for today.  Unfortunately, I'm under the weather with this flu that's making the rounds and I just don't feel like being up and around for very long at a time.  Hope things are healthier at your house.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie  DT

27 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

With the looks on these faces I think they were thinking the same as you...We should have headed south before this. But at least they were smart enough to wear hats and scarves. Pretty colors, Connie. Have a great day.

Linda Simpson said...

Oh my Connie, these birdies don't look very happy sat on this branch full of snow! Another fabulous card my friend.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Donna Ellis said...

This is darling, Connie, and I especially enjoy the pale blue details! hugs, de

*Vicki* said...

These birds are so adorable, but don't look happy in that snow! LOL!! Great take on the sketch NC!!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love your colours and those fabby birds, a fun card.

Anne Temple said...

These guys look pretty cold. Love their purple scarfs on this fun card.

jimlynn said...

Oh Connie! I hope you start feeling better and it's not a full blown case of flu. That stuff is horrible this time of year. Please take care of yourself.

This is such a cute, cute image and I love your card. They look like the birds around here right now sitting on bare branches!

Lynn

Janet said...

Connie, this is so cute, you did a great job with it! I hope you start feeling better soon!

Marge said...

Great design and CUTE image/sentiment -- thanks so much for sharing with us @ My Sheri Crafts!!!

Mynn xx said...

Another awesome card, Connie! LOVE that image and the beautiful blues! Thank you for joining us at Great Impressions! Hope you join us again soon! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

The flu?... Oh my...that's terrible! I'm so sorry! About the birds...you're bad blaming those little birds not flying South for the .winter...haha. It's not any warmer here in the South..haha. Boy, I hope you feel better soon. Wish I was at home to send you a card .

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

The flu?... Oh my...that's terrible! I'm so sorry! About the birds...you're bad blaming those little birds not flying South for the .winter...haha. It's not any warmer here in the South..haha. Boy, I hope you feel better soon. Wish I was at home to send you a card .

Teresa Arsenault said...

This is so cute. Love your punched border.
Hugs,
Teresa

sammi said...

Thank you so much for linking up with us in our “5th Birthday celebration” challenge at Catch The Bug! Please join us, again, next time, for a new challenge and more chances to win! ~~Sammibug~~ DT Member For Bugaboo Stamps

Sue's Paper Crafts said...

Cute card, adorable image, great accents. Thank you for joining us this week at HIMCR.

Sue - HIMCR DT
http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

Lena said...

I so feel for those birds. I would totally hibernate if I could and I live in Texas! :-) Super cute and fun card. Love your take on the sketch you followed.
Thanks for joining in the fun at Hiding in My Craft Room.
Hugs,
Lena – DT
Lena’s Creations

sabbycat said...

Just precious! Feel better soon!

Dewi Lestari said...

Gorgeous as always! Thanks for joining at Creatalicious: Winter
Hugs
Dewi

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love, love these owls - they are so cute!. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Pile it On Challenge, elizabeth (DT)

Arlene said...

Just too darn cute! I love the way you've colored them and they look soooo cold. Delightful.

So glad you could join us at Die Cut Divas.

Anonymous said...

Nice :) Thanks for taking part at Scrap It Girl Challenge.

Laurian said...

What a great project Connie, I have so much sympathy for those birds!

Thanks for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams and I hope you join us again soon!

Hugz

Laurian
Owner Dragonfly Dreams

Regan said...

Too funny! What a delightful card! Love the die cut you used! Thanks for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge!
{hugs}
Regan
DT Coordinator

Rachelle Olaridge said...

So adorable and cute. Love the image. Awesome! Thanks for playing along with Scrap It Girl!
Huggies!

Katy said...

This is a great card! Beautiful coloring! Hope you feel better soon! Thank you so much for joining us at Scrap It Girl! :)

kellystar said...

why can't we all hibernate?...thanks for playing along in the Scrap It Girl January snowflake challenge!

Melanie said...

A fabulous winter card! That sentiments fits perfectly...
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "Winter” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our next challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)
(DT Come and Get It)
(GDT Kreativzeit Challenges)