Sunday, July 20, 2014

Velveteen Rabbit

     I just discovered that the challenge at Meljen's Designs this week has a theme of "Bookworms" and they want us to use a book for inspiration on our projects.  "Velveteen Rabbit" was a favorite story of mine and I must have read it myself 100 times, including reading it to my own children dozens of those times.  If you're not familiar with the Velveteen Rabbit, haunt the used book stores for a well-loved version of it or borrow it from your local public library.  I think it's a 'must read' for every person, child or adult.  :-D

     This sweet Meljen's Image is perfect, although he may not be as lovingly worn -- yet.


I used a sketch that came from Sweet Sketch.


     The image is colored with ProMarkers, then cut with a simple rectangle die.  After I die cut it, I used a punch on the corners, then another die to cut the mat from purple CS.  The dp came from a scrap in my basket, which I matted with more of that same purple CS.  The ribbon was done with more scraps but I happen to know it was from Joann Crafts.  I added a bit of glitter to it after it had been adhered to the card front.  The four metal brads were also in my stash, as was the rose.  I colored the otherwise white rose with ProMarkers so that it would match my monochromatic color scheme.

     Challenges:
Crafting at the Weekend

      Well, I had a fun morning and plan to try to get another card or two done before the evening runs out and it's bedtime.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

25 comments:

Heide said...

Very cute, love the white and purple color combo. Cute image too. Thanks for joining us this week.
Hugs, Heide SSW2-DT

Chasing the Dream said...

Awe what a cute image and fab design, loving the purple pasley, so much fun. Perfect for the reader.
Hugs
Berni

Shona Erlenborn said...

Perfect take on the sketch. Great image and love the colors!

Teresa Arsenault said...

this is adorable. Love those little squares of gorgeous paper.

JD/ Jill said...

So cute! I like this book too. I remember reading it to my daughter!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Darling and you used your favorite colors. I never read the book

Dewi Lestari said...

It's very cute! Thanks for joining at Scrapper's Delights: Anything Goes/Cute and Girly
Hugs
Dewi

Isobel said...

Great card thanks for joining us at crafting at the weekend and good luck x

Lau W said...

Very nice design, love this card !
Thanks for your participation at the Paper Creator challenge !
xx

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling card- love that sweet image and coloring in your favorite- purple! The silver ribbon and brads are a great sketch element!

Cornelia W said...

So cute! Thanks Nana for playing with us at STAMPlorations. I hope to see you there next time, too! Hugs, Cornelia DT

Dawn Lancaster said...

Great card NanaC! I love the image & I love the colours!
Ahem, while I'm here, let me adjust my DT hat & say thanks for playing Tic Tac Toe with us at Crafting For All seasons this time!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

Linda Anderson said...

Well this sure is adorable!!! Love your bunny, so sweet. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2.

Linda

jimlynn said...

Love this design and the little rabbit is a perfect fit! So pretty.
Lynn

Julie said...

Lovely card. I have that same pattern paper and haven't had a chance to use it yet. Thanks for joining us in the cute and girly challenge at Scrapper's Delights
Hugs,
Julie T

Kathie said...

Very cute card, love your colour combo purple be a favourite. Pretty design papers and added embellishments. Great card and thanks for joining us this week over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie SSW2~DT

Sally Dube said...

Hi NC!! Super sweet card!! My sister was just talking about how her Grandson said The Velveteen Rabbit is his favorite story ever!! So glad you played along with us at SSW@!!
Blessings to you!!
Sally

Sharon Basel said...

Perfectly adorable Nana Connie! I too loved this book and reading it to my kids. Thanks for bringing me those happy memories. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
Sharon, SSW-DT

Eileen Dobson said...

Such a cute image, beautiful. Thanks for sharing it with us over at Creative Moments.

Joann Burton said...

How pretty and rich the colors are. And it's your favorite color too...
I love it. Hugs, joann sassy raggedy

cotnob said...

This is an adorable card, such a cute image and perfect for our challenge at Paper Creator, thank you so much for joining us.
Pauline
x

HandmadebyTLC said...

One of my favorite Meljen images ever! Thanks for sharing him! Wonderful creation! I love the colors and design! Thank you for joining us at the Treasured Times Challenge blog for our Anything Goes challenge! Hope to see you again next time too!
Hugs,
Tammy Louise

Gill McCall said...

Super cute entry, thanks for taking part in the Scrappers Delight

Nonni said...

Very cite card! I love the color palette and the fab layout. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations!

Rosietoes said...

A lovely card and such a cute image. Thank you so much for joining us on the Paper Creator challenge. x