Monday, July 7, 2014

Summer Picnics

     Picnics in the park with a master at the BBQ grill -- ah, yes, that's the best part of summer!  Picnics with cold chicken and potato salad are fine, too, but having your own burger or hot dog fresh off the grill is absolutely the best kind, in my opinion.  New challenge today at Tuesday Throwdown and our theme is "Picnics."  Our fabulous sponsor is Meljen's Designs (oh, how I love her digi stamps!) and she generously supplied digis for the DT to use.  I chose two of them and combined them on this card.


I pulled colors from the inspiration photo at Cupcake Inspirations
only my berry color looks more fire engine than berry.  :-D

Wouldn't these just make the perfect picnic dessert?  Yummm.

     The images are colored with ProMarkers and die cut.  The "picnic tablecloth" paper is a scrap from my stash and my ribbon was found in the basket on my crafting desk.  I had a bit of twine which I 'dyed' with a marker, tied into a bow, and added as the primary embellishment.  All the edges were inked with distress ink.

     Challenges:
Chocolate, Coffee & Cards
Crafty Ribbons
Creative Corner
Di's Digi Designs
Fairytale Stampers
Graph'It
Hiding in My Craft Room
Jellypark Friends
My Sheri Crafts
Ribbon Girls
Sentimental Sundays
Sweet Pea Stampers

     Please come and play along with us this week at Tuesday Throwdown, won't you?   Just find something picnic related in all those wonderful digi or rubber stamps you have stashed away, make a card or other project and submit it for our challenge.  If you truly don't have anything that seems "picnic" appropriate, visit Meljen's.  You'll find something there for sure!  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

25 comments:

DIANA L. said...

Wonderful card great image. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

Judith Taylor - Wright said...

Morning Connie and such a super delicious card - good enough to eat great job hugs Judith xxx

Asha said...

Super cute guy, NC! Just look at the burger he produced!
Have a lovely week!
hugs, Asha

Benzi said...

Let's have a picnic....those burgers look yummy. I like that tablecloth of gingham. Fun card, Connie.

Anne Temple said...

Great picnic card. Love the big burger.

Davi said...

Im with you NC hot dogs and burgers are the best picnic! Love your fun card and the gingham is perfect for the picnic card :)

Shelly Schmidt said...

How fun is this card! I am going to make one with the grill master for my hubby- he loves to grill alot- he is very good at it too : ) Loving that apron too- and the sentiment you added! Fab
PS- the e-mail link in your post for Edith does not work for me....

jimlynn said...

Precious! Love the gingham of course and that burger looks so tasty! Um.....something good for dinner tonight!
Lynn

Linda Simpson said...

Oh I love this card and that burger looks delicious.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Manu said...

A beautiful summer card.
thank you for your participation in the Fairytale Stampers
Hugs
manu

Sylvia Meppen-Rentenaar said...

Awesome card! Thank you for sharing at Sweet Pea Stampers. We wish you good luck and we hope to see you again. Sylvia, DT-member

Sandy said...

Super cute! Thank you for joining us this week at Cupcake Inspirations.
-Sandy, DT Sweetie

Lady Bug Stampers said...

wow Nana Connie this is a great card. Love the papers. reminds me of a picnic. Love the burger too it makes me hungry!! LOL
Linda K.

Leslie Germain said...

Adorable card! LOVE the BBQ character!!

Kim said...

Nothing like fresh burgers off the grill. Love the guy and those burgers sure look yummy!

Dawn Lancaster said...

Yummy card NanaC! I love the addition of the red ginham ribbon!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Rachael Evans said...

Great image you chose, so summery! Thanks for sharing this with us at Sentimental Sundays x

paper fun said...

Very cute. Love the gingham paper and ribbon. So perfect with that handsome fella at the grill.

Thanks for joining our masculine challenge at The Sweep Pea Stampers.

Mari

Joanne said...

Hi Nana! What a great card! Love your bar-b-q guy, he looks so cute! Also love the gingham checked paper, it looks super. Glad to have you play along with us again at CC&CC for our Summer Days challenge. Hugs, Joanne

P.S. I got a new baby kitty! He is 9 weeks old and sooo adorable! There is nothing like a lovey kitten!

Joann Burton said...

Now that's a hamburger....I love these images also and your card is fabulous...Hugs, joann sassy raggedy

Jenscrapstoo said...

Fab image and sentiment!! Great summer card :) Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
Cheers Jennie DTM
Jenscrapstoo

Marge said...

Popping in to see cards today and yours uses such a great pair of images, but just like all others, it's making me hungry -- LOL! Thanks so much for sharing your great masculine (to me) card with us @ My Sheri Crafts!!!

Katrin said...

What a delicious card! It makes me hungry ;-).
Thanks for joining us at Fairytale Stampers an good luck!

Greetings Katrin

Meggi Bischoff said...

eine tolle karte!

danke für die TN. bei den Farytale Stamper.

glg meggi

Lola said...

Hmmmm, yummie!
Think I have to hop over there and join the picknick :-D
Funny card, thank you so much for joining us at Fairytale Stampers :-)

xx Karola xx