Sunday, July 27, 2014

Potted Dogwood

     The challenge theme over at Lacy Sunshine this week is all about "Flowers" and this little "Darla Dogwood," one of the Potted Pretties Heather draws, was perfect for the theme.  It also gave me a chance to ignore all the CAS designs I've been doing lately.  Forgive me, CAS fans -- I just couldn't resist lots of layers, lace, flowers, fancy framing, bows, etc.  I needed my fix of frilly and fancy.  :-D


     I colored the image with ProMarkers, using my very favorite purple and green combo which worked perfectly with the color challenge at MFP Speedy Fox and Friends, where they want us to use "Purple, Green and Brown."  I know dogwood flowers aren't purple but the dogwood trees we have where I live only have four petals on them so I told myself these weren't really dogwood flowers and therefore felt free to improvise with a metallic purple ProMarker for coloring the flowers.  :-D

     The frame is die cut with a die from Spellbinders and I cut a second layer in purple to mat the framed image.  The dp was a leftover scrap, as was the brown lace.  The brown bow is one of those I make but it was white until I dyed it with ProMarker.  All the roses are from Recollections.

     Challenges:
Digitally Sweet
Fan-Tastic Tuesday
Inky Chicks
Just Inspirational
Ladybug Crafts
MFP Simple Salutations
MilkCoffee
My Time to Craft
Outlawz Coloring
Paper Shelter
Penny's Paper-Crafty
Scrapper's Delights
Sisterhood of Crafters
Wonderful Wednesday

       I've scheduled this for Sunday and, if Blogger co-operates, it will post when the weekend is half over.  I hope yours is going well.  I know I'm having fun.  I'll see you again on Tuesday.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie  

26 comments:

  1. Such a cute creation Connie! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘DIES and/or PUNCHES’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi NanaConnie, such a cute card! You've got to add some frill and lace to some cards!

    Love From Rebecca xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this lovely lady at MFP Color Challenge I love all the layers the card is beautiful............Lis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally loving the card....even the darling green hair...why not...I walk down the street and see this ever so often. If Liz Taylor can have violet eyes, then there just maybe a dogwood tree with your colors...you go girl...along with all the wonderful frills and layers and flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want green hair and purple bows, and to live in a flower pot! LOL This is darling, Miss Connie, and soooo sweet! Very pretty lace and die cut panels! your card is beautiful! hugs, de (who is praying for your family)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love her hair, the gorgeous die cut makes this a fabulous creation. I love it.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nana, I love purple and green together. Such a sweet card. Thank you for joining us at MFP Simple Salutations for our Favorite 2 Colors Challenge this week.

    Emily T.
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  8. No matter if it's clean and simple or not.....it's gorgeous! I love, love, love her green hair!! VERY cute and pretty!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute, cute, cute! Her lovely green hair is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful job Connie. I love the image and the frame/mat. Hugs, joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous as always, Connie, love the image and your colouring is as ever outstanding, hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am loving that green hair great card and thanks for joining us over at Lacy Sunshine...DT Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A very cute birthday card, Connie. You've used a very pretty frame. CAS, lots of layers, mixed media...I love them all. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. lovely card thanks for sharing with FTT this week Rachel dt

    ReplyDelete
  16. lovely card thanks for sharing with FTT this week Rachel dt

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous, NanaConnie! Love your coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty! I just love love love the colour combo!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. A lovely card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "Anything Goes” challenge & good luck in the draw…
    Hope to see you again in our next challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Eeeek! Isn't she just adorable?!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very pretty...lots of pretty details, too~~....and I have a cat just like yours!! Thank ypu for joining us at "The Sisterhood" for our "Dies/Punch" challenge!!
    Diane TSH DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. Pretty card! Thank you for joining us at Digitally Sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love that you played along with us at the MFP/Color Challenge. Your card is wonderful!

    kReN@afourthlife.blogspot.com
    MFP/CC DT

    ReplyDelete
  24. I LOVE your purple flowers ;O) quite brilliant of you I think. Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at MTTC.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card. I just love that lace. Just enough hint of goth to be a fantastic teen card. Thanks so much for sharing with us on MFP's Simple Salutations.

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment and I so much appreciate the encouragement you give me. Thank you for taking the time to comment.