Sunday, July 6, 2014

Pool Party Splash

     I was commissioned to make some invitations to a pool party and right away thought of this fun digital image from Doodle Pantry.  How fun that their theme this month is "Make a Splash."


I based this on the sketch from Die Cuttin' Divas
but had to turn it on its side and take a liberty
or two with the ovals and square so that it would fit
my image shape.


     Because I had to make a dozen of these, I used a pre-colored image, printed them all onto layering weight CS, then set about die cutting each of them with an oval die.  Next, I die cut the blue dp with another oval die, and finally cut all the green dp squares with a square die.  I printed the sentiment (also from Doodle Pantry) and then cut all of those with the smallest of the oval dies I have, but on an angle.

     At that point, I made a dozen A2 card bases from light aqua CS and tied a dozen bows from jute cord which I 'dyed' with ink from a marker.  Then I started the "assembly line" process of putting the layers together and adding the bows.  I typed up the what, when, and where info for the inside although I didn't photograph that in the interest of privacy.  :-D

     At first, I was afraid they were a bit too simple but when I showed them to the couple who ordered them, they were both thrilled; she because they fit easily into a standard envelope and all the invite info was already done, and he because they weren't all "fluffy" -- his word, not mine.  :-D

     Challenges:
Brown Sugar
Chocolate, Coffee & Cards
Crafting by Designs
Crafts Galore Encore
Creative Corner
Going Grey with Scrap-Creations
Hobbybook Designer
Little Red Wagon
Natalie and Amy's
Papertake Weekly
Scrappers' Delights
Sparkles Forum
Through the Craft Room Door
Wags 'n Whiskers

     We're now on day 7 or 8 (I've forgotten which -- they all feel the same) of the over-100 F weather and I'm so ready to join this little frog in his cool pond.  :-D  They are predicting at least another 7 days of the same before it cools to 98 or 99.  Blah.  Really hate hot weather.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

18 comments:

  1. I just had to laugh... the look on the froggie's face! Adorable little guy! Stay strong, my friend!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super adorable card!! I love the cute image!! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Connie, this is perfect for a pool party invitation! That little frog is adorable and love the design.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it NanaC, just perfect for the occasion!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny image,beautiful choice of colors and design!
    Thanks for entering the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge "Use stamp or digi" and good luck!
    Ileanaxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is soooo cute! So clever to use this image for multiple invitations.

    Thanks for joining our monthly challenge here at Doodle Pantry challenge. Hope you will join us next time DT Crafting Vicky.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too cute NanaConnie, he does make the most fun cards and I certainly love yours! Thanks for joining us at the DPDC#48!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun card, thanks for joining us at Scrappers Delights this challenge. Gill DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute image worked well with the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Forum. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  10. So fun!Thanks for playing along with Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card Connie - great take on the sketch and the colours are stunning hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super card! Such a fun image!
    Thank you for joining us at the Chocolate, Coffee and Cards Challenge. Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. So summery and fun. A lovely card thank you for joining us at Scrappers Delights.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card Connie, Love the sweet image, and the layout. Thanks for sharing with us at Wags'n Whiskers. Cindy DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh, this is adorable NanaConnie! What a gorgeous design and great take on the sketch. So glad you joined us for this month's Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge 48. You always do such wonderful work with Doodle Pantry images!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful and cute, that image is perfect! Thanks for joining in the fun at Sparkles this month, good luck and hope to see you again.

    Hugs
    Brenda
    Sparkles DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such an adorable frog! Love his cheeky face!

    Thanks for taking part in Natalie and Amy's challenge this month.

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment and I so much appreciate the encouragement you give me. Thank you for taking the time to comment.