Thursday, July 24, 2014

May I "Bug" You?

     This sweet new image from Bugaboo Stamps (Catch the Bug Bingo challenge:  I used Red, No dp, & Texture) is the complete opposite of my card yesterday where I was cooling all the plants (and me) in the shower.  This is me, sitting in the garden among my summer plants, playing with ladybugs and butterflies, dreaming about summer holidays in a cooler climate.  :-D


I chose the sketch at Outlawz,
and turned it a quarter turn.


     I colored the image with my trusty ProMarkers, then die cut it with a die from Spellbinders.  The sentiment was also die cut but I punched the corners for a slightly different effect.  I chose two textured card stocks for the background, layered them onto the card front, and then added the hand-dyed bow.  The four little yellow pearls set off the sentiment piece.  I kept it very CAS because I'm practicing that again.  I still find it difficult not to add more embellishments but at least I kept it to one bow and a few tiny pearls.  :-D

     Challenges:
Crafty Boots
Die Cut Divas 
Digi Makeover
Inky Impressions
Ladybug Crafts Ink
My Craft Creations
Simon Says Stamp Monday
The Crazy Challenge

     We're heading for the weekend, folks!  I have a couple of things pre-scheduled because I have plans over the next few days which will keep me away from the crafting table.  But I have a couple of DT projects next week and will definitely find time for those.  :-D  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

22 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

No practice needed for your CAS cards, Connie, they always look great to me and this one is no exception. Love It! Have a fun day and don't let anyone "bug" you. LOL

Anne Temple said...

Cute card and image. Great coloring too.

Leslie Germain said...

Cute card!!

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

Love your take on this sketch. Your coloring is great. Thanks for joining us at Paper Makeup Stamps.

Pillan said...

Nice card. Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenges.
/Pillan

Dee's Craft Room said...

Oh so sweet, lovely design and very cute image. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

jimlynn said...

It's going to be a couple of months before I'd be able to sit in the garden and enjoy all the nice cool air but I love your card!!! So cute and what a wonderful way to frame out that cute image.
Have a nice long weekend!
Lynn

Chris said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely cards with us at Ladybugs Crafts Ink!
Chris
x

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous and the image is just so darn cute.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Donna Ellis said...

How cute this image is, Connie! Love your color choices and darling colors! hugs de

Whimsey said...

Cute! Love the image; so cute!! Thanks for joining us at LCI! ~Michele, DT

Teresa Arsenault said...

Ooh yummy! I just adore this bold colour combo, and your coloring of the image is spot on.
Blessing hugs,
Teresa

Arlene said...

Fun and cute image. Darling card.
So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Dawn Lancaster said...

Sweet & adorable NanaC, I love the colours!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Gorgeous card Connie love the colour combination. Hope you have a good weekend. Love Alison xx

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Very sweet! Yup...that was me in the yard yesterday except I was pulling some weeds while sitting on ground and drinking sweet tea. Great job on the coloring by the way

Cumbrianlass said...

Hi NC you need to teach me how to do CAS cards, I cannot do them at all.
You have used a very pretty image and love the die cut.
Janet xxx

THE BLUEBERRY BEAR said...

I love the colour palette you used!Thanks for joining us for BINGO! at Bugaboo's Catch the Bug blog. Good luck and please join us again soon!
luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
BUGABOO DT

soapHOUSEmama said...

So lovely! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! :) - Ashli

Pat (mspfd) said...

NanaConnie, your coloring and design are perfect! What a lovely card.

Asha said...

Aaaaw! She's so precious, NC. Pretty colour combo too.
hugs, Asha

Virgo5 said...

She's adorable, beautifully done! Thanks for joining us at Catch The Bug!