Monday, July 7, 2014

Handmade Happiness

     I'm sharing a card I made using one of Deedee's Digis.  This is just the sweetest little crafting mouse...  I admit that I'm not at all fond of real mice being in my house (love company but I want it to be the human kind, not the rodent kind) but this little mouse is crafting -- my favorite thing in the world!  Then again, I much prefer coloring animal images to people images.  Easier to color short fur than long hair!  Hmmm, maybe I do like animals better.  :-D


My sketch came from The Outlawz sketch challenge.
I reversed the circle and the square.


     The image is pre-colored but because I wanted a deeper color on the clothing, I colored the dress and the bow in her hair with ProMarkers.  Of course, her dress had to be my favorite purple.  The sentiment is also part of that set ("Handmade Happiness.")  The butterflies are punched out pieces from a Spellbinders' die set.  I added pearls to the bodies.  I also added more of those same pearls to the sentiment piece.  Can you believe the flowery "dp" behind the image is recycled from a tissue box?  It was just too pretty to toss out.  Waste not, want not.  :-D

     Challenges:
Art Impressions
As You Like It
Aud Sentiments
Craft for the Craic
Crafting by Designs
Delightful Challenges
House That Stamps Built
I {heart} ProMarkers
Sister Act

     Don't forget the Progressive Challenge at Deedee's Digis for July.  Play this month and get next month's digi set free!  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

19 comments:

  1. So sweet! I wouldn't mind a crafting mouse for company.....so long as it's tidy lol!
    hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this little mouse and you did such a nice job with her dressing her up in brighter colors. Love those butterflies. Enjoy your week. You are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this crafty mouse is just too adorable and I really like your flowery tissue box "dp". Your sentiment is just perfect. Cute, Cute, Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I thought that was a doily behind the image! A tissue box instead! UM! Great recycling! FUN card Connie.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that you used the tissue box as DP! You're right, it is a super color and design! Nice take on the sketch too!
    Thank you for sharing your project & creativity with us!
    ~ginny,
    DT for Aud Sentiments: [#110 "Anything Goes"]
    RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cutie image ,well coloured and with a beautiful design paper.Thank you so much for entering our challenge at I Love ProMarkers this week.
    Hugs Gudrun DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delightfully cute. Thank you for joining us for this months challenge. Sylvie, Craft for the Craic DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, love the cute image.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with you, don't like the real thing but this little mouse is a cutie and my favourite colour is purple (I've been up early this a.m. And sitting here blog surfing in my super cuddly purple dressing gown! Lol
    Hugs,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just darling, Connie.
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lol! I can just imagine all the little mice crafting away while we're all asleep! Now we know what happens to all those little bits that disappear!
    Hope all is well with you & yours.
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Connie I just adore this mouse she is so much fun - love your creation really lovely hugs Judith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card Connie, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely colouring on the image. I rather like mice :)

    Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges this week.

    Kez
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh it looks gorgeous! Thank you for joining us at As You Like It Challenge. Hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adorable card, even the mouse is crafting lol. Thank you for joining us for this months challenge. Sylvie, Craft for the Craft DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such an adorable image and brilliant card. Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge good luck with the DT Ginny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so cute and sweet. Thanks for playing with AudSentiments this week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Nana Connie! I adore this image. The mouse is soooo sweet! And crafting too, who can resist! Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments this challenge. Love, MC xx

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment and I so much appreciate the encouragement you give me. Thank you for taking the time to comment.