Thursday, July 17, 2014

Greatest Joys

     There are times when I have trouble trying to decide which of the adorable digi sets from Deedee's Digis I'm going to use next.  Then I'll run across the one that's just perfect for what I need.  This fun "Greatest Joy" set is no exception.


The sketch came from Try Stampin' on Tuesday
and I used colors from the Outlawz Color challenge.

  

     I colored the image with ProMarkers, die cut it, and inked the edges.  The sentiment is also from the same set and I used a die to cut it, though I had to shift it around because there wasn't a die of that shape or size in the set.  I made my own background by using navy blue CS and bleaching it with a cotton swab to get a continuation of the bubbles from the image to the background.  After the dots dried, I used a sparkle gel pen on them, just as I did on the bubbles in the image.

     Ribbon is from Really Reasonable Ribbon and I tied the two little bows by hand.  They were originally white but I colored them (ProMarkers) to suit the color challenge.  The pearls are from my stash.

     Challenges:
Artistic Inspirations
Clear It Out
Crafting from the Heart
Cutie Pie
Digi Galore
Fan-Tastic Tuesday
Outlawz Greeting Cards
Without Words

     Well, despite how busy things have been this week, I have managed a couple of cards.  I'm going to be working on DT cards over the weekend and checking in with family.  Hope all is well in your world.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

18 comments:

Judith Taylor - Wright said...

Ah bless Connie this is a fabulous set of digis must check it out hun - gorgeous colouring and the mouse is super cute great job hugs Judith xxx
with my DT hat on thanks for entering at Outlawz great take on the colour block too ave a great day hugs Judith xxx

Donna Hanley said...

I adore this image and you did a nice job with him. Nice ideal to continue with the bubbles. Fun card, Connie.

Teresa Arsenault said...

This is darling and it was so clever of you to use that sparkly gel on the bubbles. They look fantastic.

Linda Simpson said...

Love the sentiment and such a cute image too. Beautiful card.
Hugs
Linda xxx

jimlynn said...

Well, of course I love the image! But then again, I love your entire card. CUTE and creative way to do those bubbles with the bleach too. Why can't I think of things like that!
Lynn

Kathy S said...

Hey Nana Connie, love the way you added hints of grey to your little guy. Thanks for joining us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday. Hope to see you again soon!

Dawn Lancaster said...

Such a cute little set!
Love your card!
Hugs
Dawn xx

stampwithamyk said...

That is too cute! Love the little mouse image. Thanks for joining us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday. Hope to see you again soon!

Joann Burton said...

Oh isn't this just too cute. Wonderful job Connie...Hugs, joann sassy raggedy

Sari said...

Sentiment and image is so true. Children has always so happy faces with bubbles, :D. Thank you for joining our 100th party challenge at Artistic Inspirations, good luck.

Avril Ann said...

Great choice, then, Connie, simply too cute for words, fabulous card hun, hugs xxx

Asha said...

Here I go playing catch-up ... in reverse order! LOL. I couldn't agree more with that sentiment. So true. And the little guy is adorable too! Have a lovely weekend!
hugs, Asha

Cumbrianlass said...

Wonderful NC., and so true, spent many a happy hour blowing bubbles with my Granddaughter,
Janet xxx

Pat (mspfd) said...

Oh NanaConnie, this is adorable. What a cute image! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

Wendy Fraser said...

So sweet and such a true sentiment, thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie xx

Rose said...

adorable :) So glad you joined us on Try Stampin' on Tuesday this week!

crafty-stamper said...

Hi NC cute digi and love the sentiment.Thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations
Carol DT x

Laura W said...

Aw, love the sentiment. Cute card. Thanks for joining us at the Clear it out challenge blog -see you tomorrow for a new one :)