Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Golden Daisy Girl

     Second post of today so if you're looking for my Tuesday Throwdown DT post,
 scroll down or click here.

      Good afternoon and I hope your day is going well.  I have a card I want to share with you which has a color combo I don't think I've used before but it's definitely going to be a favorite of mine: pink, yellow and gold.  The image is from ArtbyMiran and I think she's adorable sitting on her summer daisy.  :-D


I took the sketch from The Sweetest Thing
and this time I was pretty literal with it.


     I colored the image with ProMarkers, die cut it with a circle die, and then matted the circle with a doily die cut from Cheery Lynn.  All of the papers, including the doily, came from K & Co.  I really love the pale yellow stripes in the background plaid.  Once each piece was cut, I used a gold paint pen on the edges.  

     The "Birthday Wishes" sentiment is a Hero Arts stamp and I stamped it with gold pigment ink (ColorBox ink pad.)   The flower is made from two layers of petals and I added gold ink to the top layer, then used a gold brad to hold the layers together.  

     Challenges:

     Have a wonderful day and Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

21 comments:

  1. Hi NC
    This is so adorable. Just beautiful coloring on this precious image. Great take on the sketch. Simply gorgeous.
    Just got back from the hospital. Broke the bones in my right foot,
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a sweet card, love the way you colored up the image. thanks for joining our challenge over at oddball art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful sweet card. Awesome coloring on hair and flower...wow

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a lovely combination. I just love the plaid paper. I love all plaid patterns; must be the Scot in me.

    BTW, your coloring is FANtastic!

    Big hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a little doll she is! Your coloring on her hair is over the top sensational WOW! LOVE IT!!!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute. Thanks for joining us at seemacrafts x dt

    ReplyDelete
  7. Defentley very cute so sweet, Thank you for joining Seemacrafts July challenge ,Pauline DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely cute image on your card thanks for sharing with 613 avenue create this week Rachel dt

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous, Connie, amazing image, beautifully coloured, hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful card Connie and I love how you outlined everything in gold, makes it all pop from the page. Thanks for joining in the challenge at Cheery Lynn designs this week and good luck. Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cute card, fab colours and colouring. Thank you for joining in at Seemacrafts Challenge. Chris dt member xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a wonderful creation with great attention to detail. Love the colours and embellishments. All the elements work so well together. It is perfect for our tenth ‘ANYTHING GOES’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Art by Miran Showcase DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  13. Connie, your card is precious! Love the fantastic job you did with the coloring. Best of luck on the CLD challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Connie this is stunning. I love the image and design. Just beautiful...Hugs, joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper July challenge with your lovely creation - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cute!!!!! Thank you for joining us for this months challenge on Seemacafts. Hugs Donalda Design Team Memeber

    ReplyDelete
  17. These colours are just perfect! LOVE it. And the image is expertly coloured too! WOW!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card beautifully done. Thanks so much for joining us over at Emerald Faeries Challenge Blog, good luck and hope to see you again.
    ~ Denise DT ~
    Emerald Faeries Challenge Blog
    {Denise's Patch of Creativity}

    ReplyDelete
  19. The colour combination looks fabulous . Thank you for joining in over at seemacrafts

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovelyl card! Thanks for joining at Little Claire Design challenge! Francy

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment and I so much appreciate the encouragement you give me. Thank you for taking the time to comment.