Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Easel Card for Tuesday Throwdown #205

    Today we begin another challenge at Tuesday Throwdown  and we have a new sponsor on board -- Flourish with a Bling.   Our theme is "Make Your Own Flowers."   I did an easel card, something I haven't done in a while so it felt good to do an older technique again.


Even though it's an easel card, I used the sketch from

20140708-222117.jpg    

     Both the digital image and the sentiment are from TLC.  I printed the image 4 times; once on plain white paper (for the hand-colored base), and then once each on blue, pink and lavender paper for paper piecing the flower on the image.  I colored the leaves and the one flower on the far left with ProMarkers, then fussy cut each of the other flowers from the colored papers.  I crinkled them and layered them together to make the main flower in the image and to give it some dimension.

     The dp is from the "Dream Catcher" stack by First Edition and it's embossed and glittered.  The flower used as the easel stopper is also hand made from punched flower petal layers and the bow is one of those I make by the dozens.  I added pearls to both flower centers and to the bow for a bit of bling.

     Challenges:
4 Krafty Girls
ABC Challenges
Fairytale
Ladybug Crafts
Little Miss Muffet
My Time to Craft
Outlawz Twisted Thursday
Sister Act
Stamping Boutique

     We'd love to see what kinds of hand made flowers you love to create so get some made, add them to a paper-crafting project, and come share it with us in our challenge at Tuesday Throwdown this week.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

16 comments:

Kim said...

Your handmade flower is gorgeous! Love the vibrant colors, so pretty.

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the image and fab colours.xxx

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Gorgeous!!!! I missed that TLC sentiment ...love love love it and need to go find it. There you go with the beautiful purples.

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous flowers and love the sentiment. Beautiful background too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Debi said...

Love this. I'm going in search of both the image and sentiment. Great paper piecing.
Hugs,
Debi

jimlynn said...

Beautiful! Love the easel card and think I've only made one in my life!!! Beautiful colors and flowers.
Lynn

Pia S said...

Love the dimension of your layers of paper pieced flowers. Very elegant!

Sue said...

Gorgeous card..thanks for joining us at Sister Act Card Challenge..Sue DT x

Shelly Schmidt said...

So beautiful! Loving the colors you used- and you do Purples so well! The easel card is a wonderful layout as well. Love TLC- I know I have the flower- I love the sentiment as well!

Teresa Arsenault said...

What a darling sentiment and a lovely card too. I'm sure it will be very appreciated.
hugs,
Teresa

Davi said...


I love your beautiful pansy and the way you layered it gives it a great sense of dimension!! Great card :)

Jo said...

Stunning card. Love how you've made the flowers.

Thanks for playing along at MTTC this fortnight. Jo :)

Patty Sue 2 said...

Your card is lovely! Thank you for joining us at ABC CHALLENGE! Good luck and I hope we see more of your lovely work in our future challenges!

Asha said...

Gorgeous hand made flower, NC!
hugs, Asha

Mojca said...

Waw What a gorgeous creation. Thank you for joining us at ABC Challenge. Hugs! Mojca

Stine said...

Wonderful card.
Thanks for joining us at fairy Tale.
HUgs stine