Thursday, July 31, 2014

At the Beach

     Another card in honor of summer fun at the beach, this time using a wonderful digital stamp available at "From the Heart."  The two little hearts in the sand pail just seem to say "I love the beach."  :-D


I chose a sketch from "I {heart} Sketches."

Sketch075.jpg

     The beach scene is colored with ProMarkers and Copics, plus a bit of glitter for sparkle on the waves.  The image is die cut and then I did the three decorative die cuts for the 'buttons.'   I saved the bits which fell out of the die cuts and used opposing colors to fill in the negative holes.  I added the metal brads to the die cut 'button' centers.

     The background papers are actually patterned dp, the lighter one from DCWV's "Linen Closet" stack and the darker one from Colorbok.  The die cut 'buttons' were cut from the same dp.  I added some dark brown jute cord, wrapped around the card front and tied into a bow.  I kept it as CAS as possible, having already dedicated a lot of time to completing the die cut 'buttons.'

     Challenges:
Card Mania
Crafting from the Heart
Crafty Boots
Crazy Challenge
Die Cuttin' Divas
Digi Makeover
Eureka Stamps
Fan-Tastic Tuesdays
Love to Create
Pink Elephant Monday
Simon Says Stamp Mondays - ("j"ute cord)
Whoopsi Daisy

     Yesterday was a very productive day, once I was home and settled into my craft room.  You'll see more of  the results of that productivity in the next few days.  I actually did three cards and started another paper crafting project which isn't finished yet so no promise on when you might see that.  In the meantime, enjoy your week and Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

23 comments:

Avril Ann said...

Fantastic Connie, what a wonderful image and stunning colouring as always, hugs xxx

Benzi said...

Oh, such a wonderful beach card. Those little hearts in the pail are so sweet. I really like what you did with those buttons, too. I love the beach, too....and want to be back there. :-)

Emily said...

Lovely card, great idea swapping the cut-out bits on the dies for contrast. Thanks for playing with us at Eureka.

Linda Simpson said...

How cute the hearts are in the sand. Beautiful image and love the embellishments.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Cumbrianlass said...

Another super summer card NC,
lovely image.
Janet xxx

Michelle said...

Very cute card. Thanks for joining us this week at Love To Create.

Teresa Arsenault said...

Lovely design and so beautifully colored.
Hugs,
Teresa

Dee's Craft Room said...

Fab card, I love the image and the colour palette you have chosen. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Debbie said...

Now that's a fun beach bucket! So glad you could find some "me" time and join in our challenge at Paper Makeup Stamps. Good luck!
DebbieM

Joann Burton said...

Perfect card for summer...I meant to tell you how cute your kitty picture is at the top of your blog. You crack me up with those pictures...Hugs, joann sassy raggedy

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Great card and I see you did it all for the challenge...thought I had till I looked closer...haha. Well..vertigo is back so I have trouble typing.

jimlynn said...

Just darling! Love the little beach themed card and the design you used for this is fabulous.
Lynn

CraftingMum said...

A beautiful card, thanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy. Louise x

Meihsia Liu said...

Your card is so beautiful. Love the cute image. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

Lisette Baker said...

Love the shape and design of your card and you're right about those hearts - so cute too!Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

Evie said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Card Mania Challenge.

Amanda Phillips said...

What a cute little digi! Thank you for joining us over at love to create challenges.
Amanda LTCDT

Ruza Rebel said...

Great Summer Fun card! Thank you for joining our "Summer Lovin" Challenge this week at Love to Create.
Ruza ~ LTC Admin/Designer
Ruza's Craft Corner

karalschuknecht said...

Great job with this cute card, very nice. Thanks for joining us this week for our Swimming challenge.
Karal DT for Eureka Stampede

ScrappyHappyMommy said...

This is so beautiful. Thanks for joining us at DCD for our Anything Goes Challenge.
Anita
DCD Host & Sponsor Coordinator

Kathy said...

Connie, this is so sweet and summery, I love it. Such cool die cut buttons, too. Thanks for playing along with us at FTHS.

Calypso's Crafts said...

Great card Connie and can I say? I love the handwritten sentiment on your card!!! Beautiful!!! Thanks for joining us at FTH.

Kelly Schelske said...

Super cute card! Thanks for joining us at FTHS!!