Monday, June 10, 2013

"My Way" Dragon

     It did cool down somewhat on Sunday but I still stayed in and made cards.  This one had me smiling and thinking of my granddaughter who adores dragons.  The sentiment fits her pretty well, too, and it just seemed to express in words what's on the dragon's face.  :-D  The image is from QKR Stampede and their challenge this week is "Ribbons and Bows."


The sketch came from Sweet Stop.


     I used my Promarkers to color the image and added Stickles to a few spots on his wings and body.  He's die cut, then matted with a die cut a size larger.  The dp is from DCWV, Juniper Berry stack.  The sentiment is mine, done with a computer font and then die cut with a lacy die.  The lace ribbon was in my stash and the bow is one of those I make and keep ready in my stash.

     I know those can be found at Joann's and other fabric shops but they're so expensive that way, and since my mom taught me how to sew those together years ago, I prefer making my own.  That way, I have more variety in colors than I can get at the craft stores.  I did notice that I'm in need of more pearl beads soon, though, so have added that to my shopping list.  What a great excuse to head off to the craft store.  :-D

     Challenges:
Chocolate, Coffee & Cards -- Fantasy or fairies
Crafty Calendar -- Things with wings
Digi Haven -- Anything goes
Digistamps 4 Joy -- To be young again
Heck of a Challenge -- Bingo: lace/ ribbon/ pearls
Natalie & Amy's -- Fantasy
Rhedd & Rosie's -- Ribbons and lace
Scrap It Girl -- Use your dies
Send a Smile 4 Kids -- Anything goes for kids
Sister Act -- Anything goes
Totally Papercrafts -- Punches/dies

     We're starting the new work week today and I wish I could stay home instead of going to the office.  Ah well, it's the work days that make the days off more special.  Have a browse around while you're here and Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

30 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Sweet cards yesterday and today, Miss Connie, with just the right amount of glitter and shimmer on both - love your choices of die cuts, and your ever enjoyable "sentiments" - I can also see the My Way Dragon on a get well card - SUPER CUTE. Love the details around your bride's dress (below). such A SWEET CARD! and the lady bug girl "out on a limb" with her lady bug friend. Very striking in the bold red accents! hugs, de

Cheryl First said...

LOL! Yes, that sentiment does go well with his expression! Great card, Connie!

Doreen said...

Such a gorgeous card,love the image and fab colours.xxx

Desire Fourie said...


Such a wonderful creation with great attention to detail. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
{Would love you to visit my blog and join my 600-Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much if you already have entered and good luck.}
Hugs
Desíre
{Digistamps4Joy DT Member}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

jimlynn said...

This is, by far, the sweetest and prettiest dragon I've ever seen!!! Love that tiny bow - so when are we going to get a tutorial on how to make those precious little things!
Lynn

NanaConnie said...

Lynn, Good question! LOL A tutorial is turning out to be a much bigger deal that I thought. I did try at one of your earlier suggestions. I'm trying to figure out how to stitch and photograph at the same moment. I can hold the ribbon plus the needle and thread but then I have no hands left for the camera. If I put down the bow at any point prior to stitching, it comes apart, and I can't photograph the step I'm on. Sigh... still working on it! NC

KarinsArtScrap said...

This card is so cute NanaConnie.
Thanks fot join us at DigiStamp4Joy.

Greetings karin DT member

Cathymac said...

Teee-heee...so cute! Love all the sparkle on this adorable dragon and the perfect sentiment! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sweet Stop this week, Connie!

Anonymous said...

Lovely card, great image.

Thanks for joining us at Rhedd & Rosie Challenge Blog. Hope we see your work again.

Moira DT

Linda Simpson said...

I am sure your granddaughter will love this card as I do. The dragon is fabulous, just love it! Great sentiment too.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Zoe said...

Sweet card, very cute image, thank you for joining in Rhedd and Rosie's challenge, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xx

carol said...

lovely card, thanks so much for joining in with our challenge this week at TPC x carol

Jo said...

The cutest dragon I ever did see! Love that sweet bow.....would love to know how you make them!
Hugs Jo x

Rachelle Olaridge said...

Another beautiful and cute card. Awesome. Thanks for your
challenge entry at Scrap It Girl.
Thanks,
Rachelle-DT

Jackie C said...

Please come back again and share your lovely cards with us. Jackie DT member ds4j

Sassy Raggedy said...

Very cute dragon....Love the colors! Hugz, joann

Glenda Atkins said...

Aaaah what a fab dragon, cute, cute card Connie and yes a tutorial would be wonderful on those wonderful little bows, hope you find a third hand!!
hugs
glenda

Dawn said...

Such a sweet lttle dragon! I love the sentiment too!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Ann said...

What a cute dragon! That sentiment is just perfect for a dragon with attitude, or a little grand-daughter too! Well done with this card, Connie, and thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stop this week.

Crafting Vicky said...

your granddaughter will love this card! Love the sentiment it would fit my daughter as well lol

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Love her...that little female dragon with all those sweet colors and bows. Your granddaughter will love it.

Dewi Lestari said...

Gorgeous card! Love the colors. Thanks for joining at Chocolate, Coffee & Cards Challenges: Fantasy and/or Fairies
Hugs
Dewi

Margaret said...

Your card brought to mind the old Peter, Paul and Mary song "Puff the Magic Dragon". It is perfect for the theme. Thanks for sharing your talent with us at DigiStamps4Joy.
Margaret, DT

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Nana Connie, I like the image the colours and the lace,Thanks for joining in with us at Heck of a Challenge this month, Good Luck.
Kevin xx

Wendy said...

Stunning image and card Hun I love it thank you for joining us at natalie and Amys challenge xxx Wendy

Unknown said...

So so cute! You did an amazing job on the sketch! So glad you could join us at Sister Act this week!
Hugs~
Trisha

Tina said...

This is just gorgeous, such a cute dragon image. Thanks for joining us at Rhedd and Rosies hugs Tina (DT) xx

DesignerDiva said...

A great take on that sketch and your dragon is so cute!
Thanks for playing along at Heck of a Challenge this month and good luck
Hugs Laurie x

Dawn said...

Thank you for entering at Scrap It Girl this month for the die challenge, very cute card and bow!

Rebecca said...

Such a sweet little dinosaur! :) Thanks for joining us at Scrap It Girl!